Educational tours are very important in a student’s life as they impart practical or visual experience to the wards and give them an opportunity to explore new things. Apart from that, they help in providing experiential learning to the students and transforms complex topics within the understanding levels of the students. Experiential or visual learning helps them in choosing the right career at the right age paving way for faster and sustainable development. Majority of the educational tours helps in the overall development of the students. These educational tours support the modern education philosophy of ‘learning while doing’.
This philosophy of learning while doing is completely against rote learning and promote self- learning coupled with fun and recreation. Realizing the benefits of experiential learning many schools are arranging education tours once in a year. Few national education boards and universities compel the management to arrange an educational tour once in every academic year. Realizing the importance of these tours numerous companies in the market are offering education tour packages at pocket-friendly prices. Many of these packages are customized in nature making them more viable for students of lower income levels. These packages mostly include all sorts of features that are needed to be included in an educational tour and can be customized further as per the requirements of the clients. The price for a customized tour plan can be decided after due consultation with the client.
Let’s look at the few pre-trip tasks of an educational tour in common and how to choose a right partner for your tour:
• Timing of the tour – Plan your tour dates well in advance to avoid any kind of last minute rush. Communicate the same to your organizer so, that they can arrange everything well and proper.
• Decide the destinations you would like to cover. This can be done effectively only if you are aware of the objective of the tour. Hence, it is always advised to share the objective of the tour to your organizer as this will help them in chalking out the best package for you.
• Decide the strength that is willing to join you. Communicate the number properly and well in advance in order to avoid any kind of mismatch at the end. Size of your group has a direct implication on the convenience of the trip.
• Communicate with the specific points that you would like to visit. This also tied to the objectives of the tour.
• Know about the places that you are going to visit as a part of the trip. This will help you in understanding the guide’s explanation about a particular spot well and would add up to your knowledge bank.
Finally, take an expert adviser’s opinion about the places you visit, timing and any other anticipated issues.